- Charlotte Dance Photography
- Charlotte Family Photography
- Charlotte Headshots
- Fort Mill Boudoir Photography
- Fort Mill Child Photography
- Fort Mill Family Photographer
- Fort Mill Newborn Photography
- Fort Mill Tween Photography
- Waxhaw Family Photography
- Waxhaw Newborn Photography
- Waxhaw Teen Photographer
- Waxhaw Teen Photography
Author Archives: Olga
Newborn pictures most likely will be treasured by new parents more than any other photographs of their children. The new parents always want to remember one of the greatest blessings any family can pray for – the arrival of a newborn baby. That’s why they hire the services of a professional photographer to document the first days of the new addition to their family.
Lifestyle photography has to do with the capturing of natural images, especially of the newborn baby and the parents in a natural and homely setting. What makes newborn pictures unique from other types of images is the personal touch in your portraits as well as the perfect backdrop of your own home.
One of the first photographs taken by the professional photographer are usually the ones of the mother and the newborn baby. The mother and the newborn child should be comfortable, joyful and at rest. The mother can sit on her bed with pillows propping her back while she gently rocks the newborn baby.
The father is always included in these newborn pictures as well.
One of the greatest moments that can ever be captured on camera is the happiness and joy that effuses from parents as they gaze lovingly at their newborn child. The emotions, genuine expressions as well as the affection the parents display are priceless. These periods are perfect for the professional photographer to capture as the newborn pictures will serve to remind the parents of these heartfelt moments.
One of the things to take note of is that the newborn baby must be comfortable. The baby needs to be well-fed to avoid getting fussy when the lifestyle photography session is going on. It could also lead to the parents, especially the mother, getting upset as well. The newborn baby will likely snooze most of the time anyway. Therefore, it is better to make the baby more content with a full belly. Allowances are made during the photography session when the newborn baby needs to be fed or changed. The newborn baby should also be dressed in a plain diaper, which will draw more attention to the beautiful little face, little fingers or baby toes. Most parents would love to commit these memories to heart and would cherish them forever.
Another personal touch that could make the lifestyle photography session a delight for the parents is to encourage them to bring any piece of clothing. It may be a soft blanket, a pillow or a hand-quilted material from grandma. These small, personal touches will enhance the special times in your baby’s life for years.
Having a newborn baby in the family is one of the greatest unquantifiable feelings in the world. Capturing precious moments in newborn pictures will preserve such feelings forever.
If you are looking for candid newborn pictures that will capture your family true personality – this type of newborn session is right for you. Book your session HERE
What Makes a Great Headshot Picture For Online Dating?
Are you getting a “click” with your online dating headshot picture? People are not going to get to know you if you don’t put yourself out there in a way that grabs someone’s attention. You need to create a great first impression with your headshot picture. When selecting a profile image for online dating, you should pick a photo that makes you appear friendly, approachable and that reflects THE REAL YOU. There are three the most important factors that make great headshots stand above the average:
1. Your headshot has to look natural.
Whether on location or in the studio – a relaxed environment will help you look natural. Also, feeling comfortable with the photographer will have a huge impact on how natural you will be in front of the camera. Choice of wardrobe is very important. When you are choosing an outfit for your headshots, a good guideline to follow is to consider the type of outfit you would wear to an actual date – a black dress is always a good choice (take a jacket or sweater for a quick change of the look). Also, there is no need to put on tons of makeup. You want to look like yourself on your best day so do your hair and makeup the way you would do when you go on a date.
2. Your headshot must reflect your personality.
We have all heard that a picture speaks a thousand words so with the right image your personality needs to shine through. You need a competent photographer with professional equipment and experience to capture the essence that says “I am the one”. Remember it is you who can bring your personality to the shoot, but a great headshot photographer can help capture it and make sure it comes through in the final image.
3. Go PRO.
Don’t take a selfie or worse… don’t crop yourself out of a group image to put it as your profile picture. It may be a worthy investment of your time and money to visit a professional photographer to take some decent headshots. Find a headshot photographer who will take pictures you both can be proud of.
Click HERE to contact me.
3 Reasons To Take Family Pictures Every Year
In today’s world family photography became less intimidating due to the fact that people have access to good digital cameras. Because of that, family members are used to being photographed and taking family pictures every year is very common these days. There are 3 main reasons why most families want family pictures taken every single year:
1. They are proud of their family and want to share their pride by displaying the family pictures around the house.
I believe that displaying family pictures on the walls of your home sends a strong message about your family to people who enter your home. You tell everybody that your family means the world to you. The wall display also tells a story about your love for those in your home.
2. They want to document their family growth.
Parents love taking family pictures of their little ones in the early years. It is a priceless reminder of their innocence that would be lost once they are exposed to the outside world. I really feel bad for families who have neglected to take family portraits when their children were little. It is history that cannot be recaptured.
3. They want to remember the little faces and the laughter of their children.
Laughing together is a way to connect all the family members. It is also unforgettable time spent with your loved ones, doing some fun activities during the photo shoot . “There’s nothing more contagious than the laughter of young children; it doesn’t even have to matter what they’re laughing about.” – Criss Jami
Fall Family Photos – 5 Tips On What To Wear For Family Photo Shoot
I love fall colors that make for beautiful backgrounds for family photos. Not only is it the perfect time to get family pictures to update your wall art but it is the perfect time to take family photos for you holiday cards that you will want to send out to your family and friends. Finding the perfect outfit combination for all your family members can be a stressful and overwhelming task. Here are 5 tips on getting a fresh, clean and interesting look to your fall family photos:
1. Dress in the same style: either casual or dressy. Solid, darker colors photograph better. Avoid white color, crazy patters and logos. Our eyes go to the brightest spots in the picture. The faces of your family members should get the viewer’s attention not the clothes. Keep in mind comfort – wear comfortable clothes that suit you well and flatter your body type.
2. Do not match your outfits (no the same color top with navy blue jeans). Pictures of people wearing wardrobe that matches are simply boring and not interesting. Instead, color coordinate your family outfits. Mix and match complimentary colors that will add some visual interest to your fall family photos. Also, make sure the colors you choose go well with the color scheme of you home decor. To get an idea on how to coordinate your wardrobe, check out this Pinterest board.
3. Layers. Consider wearing layers: t-shirts over t-shirts, coats, jackets, cardigans, vests. When you wear multiple layers you can change them up a bit to get multiple looks during your family photo shoot without changing your wardrobe. Layer clothing for your children as well. They will stay interested and focused in the session longer when they are warm.
4. Shoes matter. The shoe selection can make or break the entire outfit. Coordinate the color of your shoes with your clothes and your accessories.
5. Accessories. Adding scarfs, necklaces, hats or headbands will give your images a little extra kick. Sometimes a very simple accessory like a flower in the hair will make all the difference to your photos. It is also a great way to add your personality to the images.
Remember: Wardrobe selection is a key element that brings the family photos together. The more your look like you, the more personality will come out in your family pictures.
3 Tips For Relaxed And Stress Free Family Photos
Let’s be honest! Getting family photos done can be very challenging for the parents with small children. The following tips will help you stay relaxed and stress free during your family photo session:
1. Arrive at your photo session well rested.
It is very important that you and your children have enough sleep before the family photo session. Also, make sure you and your kids don’t show up on an empty stomach. You may bring some “messy free” snacks for the kids.
2. Think ahead of activities you do as a family to incorporate them into your family photos.
Do you love to read to your kids? Bring their favorite book to the session. How about playing some instruments or playing soccer? Piggy Back Rides? Tickling? When you are engaged in activities your family loves to do together, the family photos will be one of a kind, showing your family true PERSONALITIES!
3. Just have fun!
Being silly with your kids is always recommended during family photos. Whether it is telling jokes, tickling or making silly faces, you show who you really are so your family photos are real, special and full of emotions. Also, remember that there is no need to have everybody looking straight at the camera and smile. The family photos that show family connections by looking at each other or closing your eyes when your child kisses you, are the most cherished family photos you can have. Husbands! Do not be afraid to give your wife a kiss or snuggle with her and your kids. You also need to cheerfully participate in creating your family legacy. You will make your wife happy, and you know what they say? – “Happy wife, happy life!
The Importance Of Family Pictures – Waxhaw Family Photography
Why family pictures are so important? As a mother you know, you are one of the most important people in the life of your children. They grow up fast so no wonder you take photos (usually with your smartphone) of your kids all the time to stop these bitter and sweet moments of their childhood. But… look back through your photos and tell me: how many times do you appear in the pictures with your children? Are you behind the camera all the time? When you had professional photos taken of your children, did you come up with all the reasons not to be included in those pictures?
Family pictures matter because they have the power to freeze a piece of your life. They are immortal. With each family picture comes a precious memory of people you love and care about. Family portraits are part of your legacy. Some day your grandchildren may ask you to see family pictures. It would be a huge disappointment if you have no images, no memories to share with them. OR if you have family pictures but you are not in any of them because you were the one taking the pictures.
When was the last time you have had professional photos taken of your family? Book your family portrait session to exist in family pictures for yourself, your children and your grandchildren.
Waxhaw Boudoir Photographer – 3 Things To Know Before Your Boudoir Session
1. Give yourself permission to be nervous
Yes! You heard me correctly. It is okay to be nervous. There are so many things that go through your mind: “I don’t know if I should do it?”, “I don’t know how to pose?”, “I don’t know how to get that “sexy” look on my face”?. Let me tell you: a good boudoir photographer will give you detailed, easy to follow instructions on how to pose and how to relax. The only thing you need to do is to trust your photographer. Also know, that it is totally up to YOU on how much skin you want to show in your boudoir images. You can look sexy in your favorite sweater and your undies!
2. It is okay to have your insecurities
A professional boudoir photographer will work closely with you to play up your favorite features and camouflage your insecurities because, let’s be real, we all have some insecurities. Boudoir photographers take hundreds images each year of EVERY type of woman of all shapes and sizes. Each woman has something beautiful and unique but doesn’t notice it until she sees the images. Your photographer’s only goal is to make sure you feel and look amazing!
3. Your boudoir photographer is your friend
During your boudoir photo shoot it is important to trust and listen to you photographer. It is the photographer’s job to showcase and enhance your boudoir pictures with perfect posing, face expression and eye connection. There may be a few times you can feel ridiculous in some of the boudoir poses but you need to rest assured that it looks great in the camera! Your photographer knows which poses work best for your body type.
Finding a family photographer in Waxhaw is relatively easy these days. Everybody who has a camera can call themselves a photographer. So how to choose the right family photographer? When you look for a family photographer or a photographer to take pictures of your teen daughter’s birthday party with her friends, the 3 tips below may be helpful to make your decision:
1. Portfolio. Look at photographer’s portfolio to see if you like the photography style they produce. Would you hang the images on your walls? Would you want to get an album with such images for your coffee table?
2. Specialization. Does the photographer specialize in one or two genres OR does he/she tend to photograph everything – maternity, newborn, children, family, weddings? You more likely want to hire somebody who has more experience photographing specific genre. Continue reading »
Gift for Mother’s Day
Are you looking for a gift for Mother’s Day? You may consider to book a photo session for your mom so she can get pampered and feel beautiful again! This Mother’s Day, I had a pleasure to take images of a beautiful, busy mom of 3 girls. This is what April said to me after her photo shoot for Mother’s Day: “Thank you for a beautiful day. It’s been a long time since I held my oldest kids like that and I needed that physical reminder. And it really was a treat to look and feel beautiful!”
All mothers are busy and they have a hard time to find some time for themselves. Their day to day lives take away what matters the most – stopping the moment with their young children. Give your mom the best gift for Mother’s Day – beautiful photos of her with her kids so she can always remember this special day! What is the better way to have memories of these precious moments than having them on photographs? After the Mother’s Day photo shoot I asked her 5 questions about motherhood:
1. What has given you the most joy as a mom?
The thing that’s given me the most joy us watching the world through their eyes and realizing potential in things I never stopped to realize before. Everything is new to them and therefore me as well.
2. Something your children do that makes you smile.
All three still have words they can’t say right… and sound like a baby because if it. I live that.
3. How does it feel to watch your children grow up?
Awesome. We were told I would never be able to have. Holden. I was stage four endometriosis and it had damaged everything so extensively they said there was very little hope. We went straight to infertility meds and procedures and through that had two babies and lost two. And adopted one. So just having them is a joy and watching them grow up is an answered prayer.
4. What is the one thing you would have done differently as a mom?
Been more patient. I am not a patient soul.
5. What is something you miss about the life before your kids?
I miss traveling. My husband I used to do so much international travel… we would save and then go. Ireland, Mexico, Scotland, Wales. We tell ourselves we will pick it back up after they are grown a bit.
I have also asked her oldest daughter Abbie to finish 7 sentences about her mom:
1. The things I love the most about my mom is…HER SMILE
2. She makes me so happy when she…IS HAPPY
3. My mom is the best at making…COOKIES
4. Her favorite food is…BREAD
5. Her favorite color is…GREEN
6. When my mom was a little girl, she use to…CLIMB TREES
7. I wouldn’t trade her for all the WISHES in the world.
1. What kind of photography do you offer? I am a teen & tween photographer. I also photograph families.
2. What is your photography style? I’d like to describe my photography style as real, simple and classic. I strive to deliver clean looking images with a classy look. Continue reading »