Fall Family Photos – 5 Tips On What To Wear For Family Photo Shoot
I love fall colors that make for beautiful backgrounds for family photos. Not only is it the perfect time to get family pictures to update your wall art but it is the perfect time to take family photos for you holiday cards that you will want to send out to your family and friends. Finding the perfect outfit combination for all your family members can be a stressful and overwhelming task. Here are 5 tips on getting a fresh, clean and interesting look to your fall family photos:
1. Dress in the same style: either casual or dressy. Solid, darker colors photograph better. Avoid white color, crazy patters and logos. Our eyes go to the brightest spots in the picture. The faces of your family members should get the viewer’s attention not the clothes. Keep in mind comfort – wear comfortable clothes that suit you well and flatter your body type.
2. Do not match your outfits (no the same color top with navy blue jeans). Pictures of people wearing wardrobe that matches are simply boring and not interesting. Instead, color coordinate your family outfits. Mix and match complimentary colors that will add some visual interest to your fall family photos. Also, make sure the colors you choose go well with the color scheme of you home decor. To get an idea on how to coordinate your wardrobe, check out this Pinterest board.
3. Layers. Consider wearing layers: t-shirts over t-shirts, coats, jackets, cardigans, vests. When you wear multiple layers you can change them up a bit to get multiple looks during your family photo shoot without changing your wardrobe. Layer clothing for your children as well. They will stay interested and focused in the session longer when they are warm.
4. Shoes matter. The shoe selection can make or break the entire outfit. Coordinate the color of your shoes with your clothes and your accessories.
5. Accessories. Adding scarfs, necklaces, hats or headbands will give your images a little extra kick. Sometimes a very simple accessory like a flower in the hair will make all the difference to your photos. It is also a great way to add your personality to the images.
Remember: Wardrobe selection is a key element that brings the family photos together. The more your look like you, the more personality will come out in your family pictures.